Hey guys! Happy Saturday. As you are reading this I’m on my way to Nicaragua. I’ll be volunteering with MEDLIFE, an organization that helps families in poverty to improve their access to medicine, education, and development.
I wanted to share with you what I packed for my MEDLIFE/ Mission trip. You may not need everything on this list if traveling on a mission trip. The key is to only pack what will be useful in the area you are traveling to. I will be packing for nine days.
Heres what you should pack….
Always pack these in your carry on or personal bag:
- Copies of your passport (one for you to take and one to give to your person of contact in case of an emergency.)
- Copy of your flight itinerary
- ID (Voting Card or Driver’s License)
- Vaccine Records
- Chargers for the electronics
- Credit Cards
- Money ($300) Change around $100
- Personal Medications
- (Health/Travel) Insurance
For Your Suitcase:
- Blanket & Pillow Case
- (12) T-shirts
- (3) Jeans
- (2) Leggings
- (2) Tennis/ Athletic Shoes
- Underwear / Bras
- Jacket/ Sweater & Rain Jacket
- Deck of Cards
- (2 sets) Scrubs
- Waist Belt
- Bathing suit
- Mosquito Repellant
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Face Wash / Acne prod (If it applies)
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Feminine Prod.
- Retainer Case & Retainer ( if it applies)
- Hair Ties
- Snacks ( Granola bars, fig bar, peanuts, pretzels…etc. Just make sure their items that can withhold hot weather).
- Trash bag for dirty clothes
- 1st Aid Kit (Tums, Aspirin, Bandages..)
- Leave space for some souvenirs
Remember to put everything that is liquid into a ziplock bag to avoid leaks or take cap off cover with plastic wrap and recap again for a secure seal. Don’t forget to take much needed donations. There are a lot of people who are in need, and every little bit helps.
Down below I have attached a checklist to make your packing easier.
Thank you for stopping by!
I can’t wait to share with you my Nicaragua adventures.
Stay tuned for more post to come… Xo